List:       annvix-dev
Subject:    [dev] Installer ISOs now available / 1.0-CURRENT beta 1
From:       Vincent Danen <vdanen () annvix ! org>
Date:       2005-02-12 8:27:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Updated installer ISOs are now available; this time an x86_64 version
is available as well.  Check the mirror sites.. I know that ibiblio and
the UofA mirrors are updated right now; the other two will likely be
updated by tomorrow.

If you notice any problems, please report them to bugzilla (
https://bugs.annvix.org/ ).  I've tried both out and they seem to work
pretty good although for some reason dhcp doesn't want to work.

I'm going to brand this as 1.0-CURRENT beta 1 and will update freshmeat
and related sites tomorrow.

The roadmap from this point forward is largely to upgrade MySQL,
PostgreSQL, and a few other minor packages (these two will be big as
they'll be moving from 4.0.x to 4.1.x and 7.x to 8.x respectively).
Beyond that, I'd like to work out some little niggles, call this
1.0-RELEASE, and start working on 1.1-CURRENT.

As an FYI, 1.1-CURRENT will be more or less enhancements and no major
changes; the big thing will be to incorporate RSBAC policies per
default.  As a result, any updates to 1.0-RELEASE will come from
1.1-CURRENT (so the name is more or less cosmetic and allowing me to
say "a release is done") =).

--
Annvix - Secure Linux Server: http://annvix.org/
"lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"