List:       annvix-dev
Subject:    qmail redistribution conditions (was Re: [dev] Have you had a look
From:       Charlie Brady <charlieb-annvix () budge ! apana ! org ! au>
Date:       2004-07-29 16:49:41

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Mark Watts wrote:

> > On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Vincent Danen wrote:
> > >
> > > I haven't looked at it, but unless you give me some compelling reasons
> > > to switch from daemontools to runit, it may not happen anytime soon...
> > > =)
> >
> > Perhaps it should happen before September this year. That's when your
> > permission to redistribute daemontools terminates (unless, as is likely,
> > but not guaranteed, DJB gives new permission):
> >
> > http://cr.yp.to/distributors.html
>
> Would this severly limit the ability to distribute rpms of qmail too?

As the referenced page says, there is a separate page detailing conditions
for binary redistribution of qmail:

http://cr.yp.to/qmail/dist.html

These conditions include the (IMO unreasonable) requirement that you also
install sendmail /etc/aliases compatibility cruft. But I didn't write
qmail, so I don't get to set the conditions.

---
Charlie