List:       annvix-dev
Subject:    [dev] installer issues
From:       Vincent Danen <vdanen () opensls ! org>
Date:       2004-06-03 19:14:48

[Attachment #2 (--Apple-Mail-39-608706129)]

Just noticed that the installer doesn't have mdadm or lvm installed in
the bootable CD, which will cause grief to those who want to setup LVM
and RAID right from the get-go.  Sorry about that.  (Caught that today
when I tried to go through a RAID setup so I could document it for the
website).

I'll likely release net-only install ISOs next week with updates like
this included.  For the time being, the full ISO should be good for
non-LVM and non-RAID systems.  Of course, you could always do the
install on one system, boot it, then setup the raid stuff in degraded
mode... I've heard this works.

Or you can copy the files off the ISO to somewhere on your network,
make it available via http or ftp, and then download the net-install
ISO when it's available and do the install using it and just point it
to your local "mirror".

I likely won't be putting up another full ISO until the next alpha/beta
release.

--
OpenSLS - Secure Linux Server: http://opensls.org/
"lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"