List:       analog-help
Subject:    Re: [analog-help] exclude files (newbie)
From:       "Aengus" <analog07 () eircom ! net>
Date:       2007-06-21 21:18:46

> Nanu Kalmanovitz <nanu@kalmanovitz.co.il> wrote:
>
>< Why do you think that they appear in the Request Report? If the Hosts
>no
>< longer show up in the Host report, then any logfile entries from that
>IP
>< address have been excluded by Analog, and those requests won't be
><  included in the Request Report.
>
> I think so because in the Request Report are listed pages that no
> links from other pages lead to > them, they are test pages from the
> developers.

If you've HOSTEXCLUDEd your developers IP adresses, then some of the
requests are coming from non-developer addresses.

Do a FILEINCLUDE for just that page, and you'll get a list of all the IP
addresses that are requesting it. They won't all be your developers
addresses.

>< You can verify this by modifying one of these log entries to specify
>a < unique filename - that filename won't show up in the Request Report
><  when that Host is excluded.
>
> Can you show me an example how to do it?

Open your logfile in a suitable text editor, search for one of the
requests in question, and change the filename to a name that you know
doesn't exist. Save the file and run Analog against that logfile -
you'll find that the request will not show up when you're HOSTEXCLUDEing
the IP address on the line that you edited.

If you get what you consider strange results in your analog report, you
should assume that there something strange going on with your web
server, not that Analog is broken. In this case, the most like
explanation is that one of your developers accessed the pages in
question from home, or they sent a link to the page to someone else.
That's a much more likely explanation than that Analog made a mistake.

Aengus