List:       analog-help
Subject:    Re: [analog-help] how to automatically run analog and send emails
From:       "Aengus" <analog07 () eircom ! net>
Date:       2007-04-16 20:41:38

Youbo <YWang@libserv.cmsu.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to analog. Our web server is running Windows server 2000. I
> am wondering if it is possible to run analog automatically on certain
> day or just keep it running and generate a report everyday?

The same way you run any other task periodically on your Win2K server -
use the "at" command:
http://analog.cx/docs/faq.html#faq150

> Also, how
> to set up analog so that it can automatically send reports by email
> to users in Windows?

Analog doesn't send mail. If you have a tool than can send mail from the
command line on your server, then you can call it from the same batch
file that you call Analog from.

If you're running IIS5 with the SMTP engine installed, you should be
able to write a simple script to send the e-mail. If you don't have the
IIS SMTP engine running, then something like Blat! would probably be a
lot less overhead. http://www.blat.net/

Aengus