List:       analog-help
Subject:    Re: [analog-help] 302 status codes and, well, everything
From:       James Aylett <james.aylett () tangozebra ! com>
Date:       2005-09-19 8:33:21

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 09:28:27AM -0700, Jeremy Wadsack wrote:

 >> You could modify the source, but I think the best approach is just to
 >> pre-process the logs. Something like sed would be very fast (faster
 >> than a 302ISSUCCESS in Analog unless you significantly reduce the
 >> number of files with FILEEXCLUDE).

Actually, this seems to be faster right now than I was
expecting. Hurrah for sed.

Still pretty sure that this won't be the fastest solution, unless the
302ISSUCCESS implementation were to be done poorly; we only care about
25% of our log lines or so.

Anyway, apologies for being slightly alarmist about timings. I'll come
back to this in a few months when it genuinely has grown out of
control  :-)

James

--
James Aylett
  Chief Technical Architect

Tangozebra may not be held responsible for the content of this email
as it may reflect the personal view of the sender and not that of the
company. Should you receive this email in error, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose copy or distribute it.

Tangozebra runs anti-virus software on all servers and workstations,
and cannot be held responsible for any infected files that you may
receive. Tangozebra advises all recipients to virus scan all emails,
and to eat five portions of fruit and vegetable daily.