List:       analog-help
Subject:    RE: [analog-help] RE: LASTSEVEN question on Analog 5.32
From:       "Marchak, Mike" <MMarchak () CIWMB ! ca ! gov>
Date:       2005-02-24 18:00:07

Ok, thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: analog-help-bounces@lists.meer.net
[mailto:analog-help-bounces@lists.meer.net] On Behalf Of Aengus
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:20 AM
To: Support for analog web log analyzer
Cc: Allen, Chris; Coffman, Chuck

On Thursday, February 24, 2005 5:09 PM [GMT], Marchak, Mike
<MMarchak@CIWMB.ca.gov> wrote:

> Is this right?  Basically this whole scenario is based on date of run
> and when the last day in the log file is, in my case it is the last
> day of previous month and if we are out more than 6 days from it we
> don't get any LASTSEVEN info in our output file.

LASTSEVEN means the last seven days from NOW, not the last seven days in
the log, for the very simple reason that Analog can't know what the last
date in the log file is until it has read the whole logfile, and
therefore it can't tell what it needs to keep track of for the LASTSEVEN
counters.

If you give Analog a TO command, then it does know what to include in
LASTSEVEN. If you don't specify a TO command, then TO=NOW.

Aengus