List:       amd-dev
Subject:    Re: amd not working on Mac OS 10.3
From:       Chris Kacoroski <ski () nsd ! org>
Date:       2004-08-06 0:52:10

Erik,

You are a genius.  My firewall is turned off but I get this error:

ski:~ root#  rpcinfo -p localhost
rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Remote system error - Connection
refused

Did a quick web search and it seems the portmapper is disabled by
default on macs.  Started it up and things work great.

Thanks very much.

ski

--
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it
   connected to the entire universe"		John Muir

Chris "Ski" Kacoroski, ckacoroski@nsd.org, 425-489-6263