List:       amd-dev
Subject:    buildall -K ?; NFS over TCP
From:       ivan <ivan () es ! usyd ! edu ! au>
Date:       2002-01-30 6:38:36

Dear all,

1) I am trying to build the am-utils snapshot (20020122)
on 2.4.9-21 ( rehdat 7.2). Until can comple 20020122 I am using 20011214

As suggested I installed into /usr/local the most recent automake,
autoconf and libtool tools.

While trying to run  buildall -K I am getting an error message indicating
that my autoconf is younger than 2.50. Is there any way I can tell
buildall to look in /usr/local/bin not /usr/bin apart from altering
global path.

2) In the "amd bible" ( the book ), I read that NFS v3 over TCP is
supported in 2.4.x. I am using RedHat flavor and which is upto 2.4.9-21
now.  Nevertheless, wire-test shows no NFS over TCP.

Do I have to patch 2.4 with some special patch? Are there any particular
well known (or perhaps philosophical) reasons it is no included into this
distro. The book says NFS over TCP is more reliable ... if this is the
case I wonder why it is not used by such a major Linux vendor as RedHat.

Thank you in advance.

Ivan

Ivan Teliatnikov,
F05 David Edgeworth Building,