List:       amavis-user
Subject:    [AMaViS-user] SOLVED: amavis-perl-11 + sendmail: Can't create transcriptfile]
From:       Arnaud =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ab=E9lard?=
Date:       2001-04-23 13:11:14

Hello,

I finally solved my permission error.
I couldn't send local emails due to a permission denied error when
ending the mail (Can't create transcriptfile...Permission denied)
I fixed it by adding

O runasuser amavis

in my sendmail.cf file. I also add to chown amavis.root /etc/aliases and
/etc/aliases.db it works perfectly now.

summary:
RedHat 7 with amavis-perl-11
sendmail 8.11
sendmail.cf generated for relay and outgoing/incoming mail scan
amavis configured using the 7 steps method
had to chmod 775 /var/spool/mqueue and /var/spool/mqamavis
had to chown amavis.root /var/spool/mqueue and /var/spool/mqamavis
had to add to sendmail.cf 0 unrasuser amavis
had to chown amavis.root /etc/aliases
had to chown amavis.root /etc/aliases.db

i didn't see anything about the runasuser trick in the amavis doc, maybe
adding a little comment about it would be good in README.sendmail
(that's also weird that i am the only one who needed to change that)

cheers,

Arnaud Abelard

-
               Arnaud Abelard