List:       amavis-user
Subject:    Re: [AMaViS-user] Howto disable all notifications?
From:       Jef Driesen <jefdriesen () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-28 12:59:03

Mark Martinec wrote:
>> I'm using amavis on a home network (mainly for detecting spam with
>> spamassasin). Email is fetched from my isp mailserver with fetchmail,
>> so there is absolutely no need to send any reports, bounces, reject
>> messages or anything like that to the outside world. How can I disable
>> those messages, or redirect them to a special mailbox so that only I get
>> notified of possible problems?
>
> $final_virus_destiny, $final_banned_destiny, $final_spam_destiny
> and $final_bad_header_destiny should all be either D_PASS or D_DISCARD
> (but not D_BOUNCE) to prevent non-delivery notifications from being sent.

I have already set all of them to D_PASS, but there was still a
non-delivery message send. The reason was an invalid header (duplicate
Message-ID).

> The rest is already a default (unless you changed it):
>
> admin notifications:
>   $newvirus_admin = undef;
>   $virus_admin = undef;
>   $spam_admin = undef;
>   $banned_admin = undef;
>   $bad_header_admin = undef;
>
> sender notifications:
>   $warnvirussender  = undef;
>   $warnbannedsender = undef;
>   $warnspamsender   = undef;
>   $warnbadhsender   = undef;
>
> recipient notifications:
>   $warnvirusrecip   = undef;
>   $warnbannedrecip  = undef;
>   $warnbadhrecip    = undef;

I didn't touch any of those. So they should have their default values.
And Ubuntu doesn't seem to change them either:

/etc/amavis/conf.d/20-debian_defaults:

$virus_admin = "postmaster\@$mydomain";

/etc/amavis/conf.d/21-ubuntu_defaults:

$virus_admin = undef;