List:       amavis-user
Subject:    Re: [AMaViS-user] amavisd-new-2.4.1 and long-line 8-bit bodies
From:       Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec+amavis () ijs ! si>
Date:       2007-12-28 17:01:35

Giampaolo,

> do you believe it is possible that amavisd-new abruptly shuts its ingoing
> connection with postfix when it encounters an 8-bit encoded body with long
> lines (say, >256 bytes)? [...] This is not a frequent case, however.

Well, anything is possible when one is dealing with computers :)
although I'm not aware of any such particular problem.

As in your case it is a body (not a header section) which contains
unusual text, my first guess would be SpamAssassin rules.

It the same message failing every time? If so, it makes a perfect
candidate to snatch it from a MTA queue or from a preserved temporary
directory and feed it to a command line spamassassin:
  su vscan -c 'spamassassin -t -D <0.msg'

If this does not help locating the problem, bring up the
log level in amavisd, and when you notice an aborted process,
grep the log for that log id and see what was the last action
logged by that child process.

  Mark