List:       amavis-user
Subject:    Re: [AMaViS-user] Suggestion: Modify Amavis to optionally retain
From:       mouss <mlist.only () free ! fr>
Date:       2007-12-18 23:02:17

Ken Morley wrote:
> I'm using Postfix 2.4.6, Amavisd-new 2.5.2, ClamAV 0.91.2 and
> Mail-SpamAssassin 3.2.3 in a Linux mail filter.  I'm having problems
> conveniently getting enough ham and spam for Bayes training.  I'm aware
> that Bayes is more closely related to SA than Amavisd, but please humor
> me before sending me off to the SA forums :)
>
> I am currently using the Postfix always_bcc function to copy each email
> coming through the system to postmaster.  From postmaster's mailbox, I
> manually classify and copy each email into seperate spam-#### or
> ham-#### files.  The problem is that this alters the recipient and adds
> a number of X-Amavis headers that could affect Bayes accuracy.
>
> It seems to me that it would be better if Amavisd could just make an
> un-altered copy of every e-mail it processes and place them in seperate
> disk files.  From that point, it should be fairly easy to write a script
> that would allow postmaster to rquickly eview and classify the files.
> Then, the script would assign the files an appropriate spam or ham
> filename.  That would take a lot of effort out of building a corpus.
>
> Any thoughts on that suggestion?

Besides Mark sugggestion, you can use recipient_bcc_maps instead of
always_bcc. The idea is to use a regular expression to "keep" the
original recipient. this looks like:

/^(.*)@(example\.com)$/		postmaster+$1=$2@example.net

('+' being configured as the extension delimiter).

This way, you can easily retrieve the "original" recipient.