List:       amavis-user
Subject:    Re: [AMaViS-user] Display rules hitted in syslog
From:       "MrC" <lists-amavis () cappella ! us>
Date:       2007-04-30 22:14:52

> Hi, list, is there any way of getting the rules which hitted
> in SA tests logged in syslog? I currently do logging in
> AMAVIS via syslog, and have set  log_level to 2, but I can't
> make AMAVIS log the rules hitted.
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to get this done, and
> how, if you please.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Luis

Sure...

At log_level 2, you will need to set $syslog_priority = 'debug' in
amavisd.conf.  This is unncessary with log_levels > 2.

When set, you will lines such as :

SPAM, <from@example.net> -> <to@example.com>, Yes, score=13.423 tag=-10
tag2=6.31 kill=6.31 tests=[AWL=-1.650, BAYES_99=4, EXCUSE_REMOVE=0.11, ...

when an item is considered Spam.  If you have $sa_tag_level_deflt
sufficiently low:

$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -10.0;  # add spam info headers if at, or above that
level

amavis will add tagging information to email and also show the SPAM-TAG in
the logs:

... SPAM-TAG, <from@example.net> -> <to@example.com>, No, score=-0.069
tagged_above=-10 required=6.31 tests=[BAYES_
00=-2.599, FROM_ENDS_IN_NUMS=2.53]

If you are interested in a log parser for amavis, which includes the tests
hit frequency, bayes scores, spam hit percentiles, etc. drop me a line.

MrC