List:       amavis-user
Subject:    Re: [AMaViS-user] Re: amavisd 2.3.3 create no new child process after max_server is reached
From:       Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec+amavis () ijs ! si>
Date:       2006-02-28 23:24:13

Siegbert,

> Thanks for your info about the Signal 13 (SIGPIPE). Possible i have
> found the process tries to write ??

So it appears. It is unclear to which pipe this refers to.

> The logfile /var/log/mail (needed by amavisd, postfix and others) are
> logrotated after +4096k with wrong permissions (644, root.root). After
> the daily cronjob "cron.daily" create after +4096k the new
> "/var/log/mail" logfile, amavisd can not write in this pipe ????? - so
> the new child task cannot created. It's a possible reason for you ??

Perhaps, although if amavisd has  /var/log/mail opened as a plain file,
this does not apply, it is not a pipe.

Nevertheless, logging is preferably done through syslog to avoid problems
with logrotate / amavisd restart and to avoid lock contention between child
processes trying to write to the same file.

> We well see. I have corrected the permissions in the logrotate
> definition, and wait and wait and wait and wait. Give you a response.
> Also it's running now with Net::Server 0.90.

Let us know is you find the cause.

  Mark