List:       amavis-user
Subject:    [AMaViS-user] spam filter no longer works properly after up2date
From:       Brett Schapeler <schappy26 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-30 15:00:51

I am running amavisd-new 2.1.2 as the content filter to filter spam
with SpamAssassin 3.0 on my Postfix mail relay (Postfix 2.1.3 on Red
Hat ES 3.0).

Amavis is chrooted - /var/amavis

Recently, up2date was run on the box. The admin running up2date was
unfamiliar with our setup and updated all available packages.

The content filter still "works" as mail is still passing through
10024 and 10025 on the localhost, but a minute number of messages are
getting quarantined (around 100-200 messages a day compared to the
4000+ on my other mail relay that is still working as up2date wasn't
run on this box).

RATWARE_RCVD_PF, X_MESSAGE_INFO, and HDR_ORDER_TRIMRS are the only
rules flagged in the messages in the quarantine folder.

Perhaps updated code being loaded before the chroot is part of the
problem, but I'm not sure where to start to correct the issue.

Thanks,
Brett