List:       amavis-user
Subject:    Re: [AMaViS-user] Order of starting amavisd-new and amavisd-milter (discussion)
From:       Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec+amavis () ijs ! si>
Date:       2005-11-28 18:33:08

Jurek,

> In older milter configuration (amavis-milter) authors recommended first
> start amavis-milter daemon than after "sleep 3"  amavisd-new and finally
> sendmail. In my opinion in new configuration amavisd-new + amavisd-milter
> (by Petr Rehor) more logical is to start first amavisd-new than
> amavisd-milter and finally sendmail. Amavisd-new creates amavisd.sock
> socket, amavisd-milter binds to amavisd.sock and creates amavisd-milter.sock
> and finally sendmail binds to amavisd-milter.sock.

I agree, I updated the README.milter (now on web), thanks.
This file is pretty much neglected.

> I observed that amavisd-new daemon doesn't remove (after stop) amavisd.sock
> I can't understand while. What is your opinion?

Indeed it doesn't. Don't know why. Creating/deleting pid file
and socket is entirely in the hands of Net::Server, it does
what it thinks is appropriate. It's probably no big deal
if amavisd.sock remains undeleted.

  Mark