List:       amavis-user
Subject:    [AMaViS-user] Re: amavisd-new-20021116 and trophie -HUP
From:       Christoph Moar <christoph.moar () alpin ! it>
Date:       2002-11-29 16:15:29

Hello all,

myself wrote:

At 29.11.2002 17:04, Christoph Moar wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>what has one to take care when using amavisd-new with
>the trophie interface in the following case:
>
>when updating the pattern files, i used to send a
>-HUP signal to trophie to force pattern reloading.
>
>it looks like that this creates problems: from time
>to time amavis seems to hang somewhere and my sendmail
>(connected with the milter interface) replys with a
>5.7.1 "please try again later" message.
>
>it looks like that not sending -HUP signals does
>not produce the error anymore.
>
>is anyone using amavisd with trophie and can tell me
>what is custom usage to do in cases when the pattern
>file gets updated?

I'm sorry, it looks like the problem sussists even
without -HUP signal.

from time to time (maybe with heavy loads on the mailserver)
something stops in the amavisd/trophie/milter setup.
sendmail just replys with "please try again later".
i am not getting any further with my debugging tries.

this seems to happen with the new amavisd-new-20021116 release,
my old installation worked out fine for the last six months or
so.

does anybody have the same setup running
(amavisd-new-20021116, trophie, amavisd-milter interface)
and can give me some tips as to where the problem might be?`

regards

christoph moar

http://www.alpin.it         software, consulting & strategy

Christoph Moar                          Dipl. Inform. Univ.
alpin gmbh srl          management & technology consultants
tel +39 0471 568157 fax +39 0471 568156 gsm +39 348 3057012
siemensstr. 19 via siemens 19   bozen 39100 bolzano   italy
http://www.alpin.it                 christoph.moar@alpin.it