List:       amavis-user
Subject:    Re: [AMaViS-user] Re: FYI: postfix, amavis(d) and local_recipient_maps
From:       Lars Hecking <lhecking () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2002-01-30 10:38:31

> Just closing the SMTP connection instead of sending final '.'
> is exactly applicable to our situation.

 It wouldn't look nice in the logs (lost connection :-)

 But the idea is cunning indeed. Of course, we still have to consider
 other MTAs. The sendmail relay config could be implemented not much
 different from how it is now, except that the second instance (which
 currently gets called by amavisd with sendmail.cf.orig) would have
 to run as a daemon on a different SMTP port, say, 10025 ;-)

 Dunno about exim.

 This goes onto my TODO list, but it's going to happen anytime soon.
 There are some more pressing issues that need to get sorted out.