List:       amavis-tech
Subject:    Re: amavis-milter crashed, analysis
From:       Tapani Tarvainen <tt () it ! jyu ! fi>
Date:       2003-05-02 10:41:33

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 09:56:33AM +0100, Lars Hecking wrote:

>  My plan is to let the clients pass the temp file name to the daemon,
>  not just the directory name, and also let the clients rather than the
>  daemon delete the temp directory (let each component remove only the
>  file/dirs it creates).

That sounds like a good idea, even as a general principle.

>  My other plan is to add smtp and exec capabilities to the non-milter
>  client, so that all mail forwarding code is removed from the daemon.
>  In principle, this could make daemon-client communication very simple
>  (infected, not infected), although the daemon still needs envelope
>  info for notifications.

Hmm. I'd also like to have the daemon make decisions about adding
header(s), adding or removing recipients (like, maybe we'd want
to forward infected messages to a special host elsewhere),
or even replacing the body (after removing the virus, should
someone want to try that).

With a suitable protocol it should be possible for the daemon to
be more or less ignorant about whether it's talking to milter
or a stand-alone client.

--
Tapani Tarvainen