List:       amavis-tech
Subject:    [AMaViS-tech] Re: [AMaViS-user] (Un)rar version 3 for Linux / FreeBSD
From:       Hilko Bengen <bengen () vdst-ka ! inka ! de>
Date:       2002-06-18 13:37:06

Patrick Selder <pselder@client.nl> writes:

> Is there a way to unpack .ace files?

The problem with available ACE unpackers is that they don't allow
extraction to STDOUT. At least this was the case when I last checked.

Why? Because we should not trust any archive's filenames, but rather
create our own.

If somebody finds modifiable source code that is capable of reading
newer ACE archives, then it could be patched like the unarj 2.63 that
I put into /contrib.

-Hilko