List:       amarok-promo
Subject:    Faster server for insanity
From:       "Mark Kretschmann" <kretschmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-09-18 18:43:53

Heya,

we're currently hitting some performance issues with the insanity bot
on freenode. Some of the issues might be programming related (we've
been trying to figure out the problem for a while now), but then the
bot also does *a lot* of tasks now for many channels and projects
(which is great I think).

The hardware is still a PIII 800mhz running in oggy's attic, and Ruby
1.x isn't the fastest of programming languages. So it would be good if
we could find a faster server. Finding a new server for it shouldn't
be so difficult - I remember that one user (the name of which escapes
me) had already offered one. It would just need to be be fast (well
reasonably modern) and reliable.

I don't think we need to make this a major topic (no digg article
needed;), but let's try to find another server by asking users on IRC
or so, if possible.

--
Mark