List:       amarok-promo
Subject:    Re: Radio Anorak - Good Music, Good Chats,
From:       "Mark Kretschmann" <kretschmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-09-17 6:45:49

On 9/17/07, Harald Sitter <harald@getamarok.com> wrote:
> On Monday 17 September 2007 08:14:34 Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> > On 9/17/07, Aaron Krill <aaron@getamarok.org> wrote:
> > > My name is Aaron Krill, and I am the new manager/maintainer/guru of
> > > Amarok's latest and greatest endeavor, Radio Anorak. Radio Anorak is a
> > > new community radio for users of Amarok.
> >
> > As Seb said, welcome on board Aaron :) But about the name: Wouldn't it
> > be better to call it simply "Radio Amarok"? I can see how this
> > Anorak/Amarok thing might turn out confusing for some people.
>
> I am pretty sure it was you who told me to use anorak beacuse it's fun and
> stuff -.-

Hehe yeah, it was my idea originally. And I still think it's funny.
But the joke is lost on most people. Not even Seb knew that Anorak is
also a term for "geek", because geeks wear Anoraks. Apparently this is
really only known in the UK.

In the UK it is/was a common geek hobby to sit at a train station
station and take photos of trains. It's called "trainspotting". And
because the weather is often so bad there, they often wear Anoraks. So
it has become popular to call geeks Anoraks ;)

--
Mark