List:       amarok-devel
Subject:    Activitifilter for invent notifications
From:       Myriam Schweingruber <myriam () kde ! org>
Date:       2020-12-11 11:58:53

Hi all,

as you can see here: https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/activityfilter
to get notifications about commits and merge requests directly into this
mailing list, we need to create a thread to make sure everybody is
comfortable with.

So please, everyone, step up and voice your consent and/or concerns about
this feature.

PRO: we would, as in the past, get automatic notifications of commit
messages and Merge Requests (including the followup discussions) to this
mailing list.
CON: this discussion is set up mainly for privacy concerns, as mailing
lists are public and it would be much more work for the sysadmins if they
had to clean up messages from the mailing list archives if somebody wanted
their messages to be erased.

I suggest the following activity to be sent to the mailing list:
Commits
Issues
Merge Requests

FWIW: we had this in the past and it truly makes it much easier to follow
and handle development.
Regards, Myriam

--
Pronouns: she/her
Proud member of the Amarok and KDE Community: