List:       amarok-devel
Subject:    C++11
From:       Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-05-08 12:50:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hey all,

I'd really like to start using some C++11 features in Amarok. It has been
argued that only few compilers support all of C++11's features at this
point, and that we therefore couldn't use C++11.

Right. However, we could use a *subset* of C++11 features. I'm thinking
especially of popular features like Lambda Functions, which have been
implemented for a good while in all common compilers. With GCC and Clang
this wouldn't be a problem. I'm not so sure about the Microsoft compiler
(Patrick do you know?).

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer