On 10/11/07, Dan Meltzer wrote: > Would it make sense to use musicbrainz UUID here to identify tracks > rather than our own method? It seems like musicbrainz UUID is become > a commonly used method of identifying a unique track, xspf supports > it, xesam supports it, and I think some forms of metadata support it. XSPF supports anything, its just that the API docs suggest musicbrainz's UUID as a possible unique identifier. We could also put the checksum that Amarok 1.4 uses internally if we wanted into our XSPF's. I still don't trust musicbrainz enough, it used to do stuff like hang Amarok. And most linux users have musicbrainz without MP3 support. Ian _______________________________________________ Amarok-devel mailing list Amarok-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/amarok-devel