On Sunday 07 October 2007 03:39, Ian Monroe wrote: > The complications for Amarok are: > *if your moving to a different computer, you probably wouldn't want to > carry all that much of the amarokrc configuration with you, since > music is going to be in different folders, maybe different sound > settings. > *what you'd really want to migrate and backup is in the MySQL, > PostgreSQL or sqlite database in the statistics table. Thanks to file > tracking we don't have to worry about if the users put the file in a > different location really on different computers. > > None of these are unsolvable problems and Kamion looks like a > worthwhile project. :) > > For the first point seems like Kamion could be made KConfig-aware and > the settings that should be backed up could be selected in the XML > recipe. This might be complicated in the future by the fact that > recently KDE4 allows you to have multiple configuration backends, but > currently there is just KConfig. Adding a KDE4 kdelibs dependency > would solve that, something to think about. > > For the second point scripting would be required. > > Ian Monroe > Allright, I'll forward your requirements to the dev team. If you are in good relations with developers of other projects, you can make my lilfe a bit easier and mention them about Kamion, and provide my email ;). And, you can make suggesitions which project should I contact next. Thanks, -- Ljubomir Simin Registered Linux User #351181 _______________________________________________ Amarok-devel mailing list Amarok-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/amarok-devel