List:       amarok-devel
Subject:    Making debug output a runtime option?
From:       Mark Kretschmann <markey () web ! de>
Date:       2007-05-12 18:55:09

Hi,

currently Amarok will only print debug output when compiled
with --enable-debug. That's pretty much useless for anyone with a standard
distro package, because all distros build without debug support. Sometimes
though a user runs into trouble, and it would be helpful to have debug
output.

So I'm wondering if we couldn't simply use cout instead of qDebug, and add a
runtime option like --debug. Seems to me this only has advantages. What do
you think?

--
Mark