List:       amarok
Subject:    high cpu usage
From:       Alfredo_Quesada_Sánchez <freddy2_es () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2010-10-12 15:07:54

Hi

After a comment from lfranchi I'm sending here the information I've got about a \
problem with amarok.

The problem:

Amarok CPU usage goes from the usual values (let's say.. 1 or 2%) to a far higher one \
(in my Q9300 PC it's around 55%). At the same time Xorg also is using more CPU than \
usual, near 60% or even higher. If I kill/close amarok then Xorg also goes to a \
normal level. At this point the menus don't work (it looks like the menu is opened \
and closed too fast, so you can't use it at all). Besides right clicking on an album \
in the "albums" plasmoid just works the same way as left clicking (compact/expand the \
album), that is, no popup.

Other things do work properly, such as global shortcuts, play/stop/.. buttons, and so \
on.

The use case:

I just start amarok, in random mode, and let it be playing. Sometimes I use global \
shortcuts to play/pause/next, that's all. I have no external devices.

The info I've got:

I have attached 2 things:
- A screenshot with the layout i use.
- A zipped pack of files, which is the ouput of valgrind after having been profiling \
amarok with the command -> valgrind --tool=callgrind amarok -d

I don't have amarok's output. I did send it a few days ago to lfranchi and didn't \
find anything unexpected. If required I can run the profiling again.

My computer:

Of course I could say many things about it but, in terms of software, it's kubuntu \
10.04 with kde 4.5.1 and amarok 2.3.2

Regards

["callgrind.tar.gz" (application/gzip)]