2009/1/12 Pavel Shved : > Seb Ruiz wrote: >> >> Aside from internal infrastructure changes, from a user perspective, >> how would this be different from what we have now? > > From user perspective the Queue is a visible and editable list that is > separate from playlist. We intentionally removed this from Amarok 2 (we used to have a queue manager). > > At the zeroth place, the presence of singleton Queue will desingletonizate > the Playlist and user will get several of them available at once with easy > switching between them via tabbed view on the fly. Tabbed playlists are not a feature that we are willing to support, for a myriad of reasons. We simply don't believe that they are necessary or fit with the Amarok usage styles which we are trying to promote. Our aim for a playlist is to be simple and intuitive. Your suggestion would add many levels of complexity that I don't think any of the developers would find enticing or that would bring enough advantages to the table to warrant such a massive change. -- Seb Ruiz http://www.sebruiz.net/ http://amarok.kde.org/ _______________________________________________ Amarok mailing list Amarok@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/amarok