List:       amarok
Subject:    questions about amarok2 (1.8 tech preview)
From:       "Sara Vasquez" <tikal26 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-22 1:13:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

NOoooo!!! :)) I know we are not reporting bugs for Amarok pre-alpha, but
this are some queestions about the overall look of Amarok and maybe some wa=
=B4average=B4 users might help.

1. Overall look- I know that with Qt4.4 things will change, but I was
wondering if you will have movable dockers. I saw in the Google presentatio=
someone else aske this. They currently exits on most Kde 4 apps liek
Dolphin, Kword, Krita. I think koffice calls themdockers and dolphin
dockers. For examplein Dolphin you can click f11 and it brings the
information panel. next tot eh close or x there is a diamon shape button
that when click it detaches the panel and it can be place on the right ,
left or bottom. The same thing happens on krtia or Kword where I can take a
panel or docker on their view menu and place it wherever I want. Also by
placing more dockers or panles on the same spot I get  taba at the bottom.
So if you make make use of this in amarok2 it would be possible to allow
dockers for each of the 3 panels that are there now and allow the user to
place them in different areas. It woul make it possible ot hide a panel and
only use two panels for those that dont want the context view. If you reall=
take it far you could create dockers for collections, playlist,files,
internet, device sand allow the users to costumize the UI to whatever they
wanted. It also keeps a consiste look and =B4ability=B4 across KDE.

2. The context view- I really like the idea of having plasma and it opens a
wolrd of possibilities. I am wondering if you have thought about letting
things like cover blign become plasmoids. As far as I undertand plasma at
some point in time should let user create plasmoid using things like Ruby,
Python and things like Javascript. I don=B4t know if it spossible, but I ca=
create a cover like in my webpages using java script or evne better there
are tons of bsd or gpl cover flow type things all over the internet using
javascript (prototype,sciptalicius, mootols,etc) I don;t know how feasible
it would be to create a javascript plasmoid and connecte it to the
collection to create a cover bling plasmoid that could use drag and drop to
the currently playing or playlit pane. I think that this would create the
possibility of creating a last fm plasmoid, or other services. I don;t know
if this is feaseble or the direction you are taking, but it is just a
thought since Leo metione that he had no clear idea yet what the context
view shoudl be about. this will also allow non-coders to cotribute; jsut
image how many versions and variation of cover bling we could create if thi=
was possible. I don;t know if we can create plasmoid using jave script, if
we do I soulc work on one just to show U all what I men.

Overall I like wher eyou guys are going and would like toe xpress my thansk
tot eh whole team that has given us a great player and its making it just
rock with the 2.0 player.
 I am not subscribed to the list, so make sure you cc me  if you have any
comments.