List:       amarok
Subject:    Re: WCPE
From:       Harald Sitter <harald () getamarok ! com>
Date:       2007-09-20 20:36:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 20 September 2007 02:36:04 level1 wrote:
> Can we add WCPE to amarok's list of default radio stations?  They are very
> linux friendly, offering music in .ogg format and playing great classical
> music all the time.  We should write them an email and ask if they would
> like to be listed.

Hm, linux firendly and ogg aren't reasons after all, if they were we probably
should add a whole bunch of other streams as well. ;-)

<very own opinion>
Anyway, I just listened for some minutes now. The sound quality actually sucks
big time, I think especially classical music needs a decent high bitrate,
though both Vorbis and MP3 aren't high quality, Vorbis is actually _awful_.
</very own opinion>

I'm going to listen to WCPE for the next couple of days, cause the music
itself is actually quite good (from what I got to hear yet).

Everyone is welcome to tell his/her opinion on that station. 2 opinions aren't
enough to decide ;-)

--
Harald Sitter
Amarok team        Rokymotion division     Mail: harald@getamarok.com