List:       amarok
Subject:    Re: [Feedback] Debian missing from Install Guide
From:       Harald Sitter <harald () getamarok ! com>
Date:       2007-07-19 22:51:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 20 July 2007 00:18:07 chealer@gmail.com wrote:
> Filipus Klutiero sent a message using the contact form at
> http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
>
> Hi,
> Debian is missing from the Install Guide. There's a wiki page at
> http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Download:Debian that can be linked to.

Ok guys, WHAT THE FUCK?!?

http://amarok.kde.org/Install_Guide#DistributionPackages
This so totally doesn't belong there.
These information can change with every release, and we usually release often,
 and these information are totally unreadable which is why the wiki got
 subpages, and these fucking information so belong on an editable page that I
 actually could wave over to Ian (who most probably is responsible for that
 shit) and kick his ass for like... ever.

So, is anyone against removing that crap and just link to
 http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Download?

...as an example: we recomend on that page to install 1.4.5 on Kubuntu even
 though 1.4.6 is available in official ubuntu repos... kudos for that!

Considerable pissed off greetings from far too hot Austria.
--
Harald Sitter
Amarok team        Rokymotion division     Mail: harald@getamarok.com