List:       amarok
Subject:    can't seem to be able to compile phonon-xine
From:       "desso () ono ! com" <desso () ono ! com>
Date:       2007-04-06 12:57:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hey Group;

I have just installed KDE trunk (kdelibs+kdepimlibs+kdebase+kdenetwork+kdemultimedia) \
from svn -just couldn't wait any longer :D - so the next thing I could think of was \
installing amarok 2 ... but I couldn't build the phonon-xine backend; I followed the \
exact steps at http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/2.0_Development_HowTo#Phonon but ...

[kde-devel@desso kdemultimedia]$ pwd
/home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdemultimedia
[kde-devel@desso kdemultimedia]$ cd phonon-xine-build/
[kde-devel@desso phonon-xine-build]$ ls
[kde-devel@desso phonon-xine-build]$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIR \
../kdemultimedia &amp;&amp; make &amp;&amp; make install CMake Error: The source \
directory "/home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdemultimedia/kdemultimedia" does not exist. \
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

so I then tried this:

[kde-devel@desso phonon-xine-build]$ mkdir ~/kde/src/KDE/kdemultimedia/kdemultimedia
[kde-devel@desso phonon-xine-build]$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIR \
../kdemultimedia &amp;&amp; make &amp;&amp; make install CMake Error: The source \
directory "/home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdemultimedia/kdemultimedia" does not appear \
to contain CMakeLists.txt. Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the \
CMake GUI.
Any help on bulding the phonon-xine backend please ? I really want to try out amarok \
2 and phonon :D.

PS: Keep up the good work! Amarok rullz!