List:       amanda-users
Subject:    bogus request packet.
From:       Vijay Parthasarathy <vijay () par ! ece ! jhu ! edu>
Date:       2000-07-31 22:10:49

Hi,

I am trying to install Amanda 2.4.1p1.
When i did a amcheck i received the following error. And the strange
thing is that, in the last line it said, ( brought by amanda 2.3.0),
whereas i was trying to install 2.4.1p1. My server and my clients are
SGI's with xfs. And i directly built the files from the SGI's homepage.

Can anyone please tell me what the problem is ?

Thanks,
-vijay

$su root -c "amcheck daily"
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
----------------------------------

/p3/amandadumps: 35116428 KB disk space
available, that's plenty.

NOTE: skipping tape-writeable test.  Tape Daily-1 label ok.  Server check
took 6.288
seconds.

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check

ERROR: par: [BOGUS REQUEST PACKET]
Client  check: 1 hosts checked in 0.070 seconds, 1 problems found.

(brought to you by Amanda 2.3.0)