List:       amanda-users
Subject:    amanda and Solaris 2.5 : configure problem
From:       Marisa Giancarla <marisa () andromedia ! com>
Date:       1997-08-26 16:46:02

    GP> Hi everybody, I am unsuccessfully trying to install amanda
    GP> 2.3.0.4 on Solaris 2.5 with gcc.  During ./configure process,
    GP> I have the message : ...  checking for flex... lex checking
    GP> for yywrap in -ll... yes checking lex output file
    GP> root... ./configure: lex: not found configure: error: cannot
    GP> find output from lex; giving up

	Before looking for a binary version of amanda, I would suggest
that you get the GNU "flex" and "bison" packages and forget about the
awful Sun-supplied "lex" and "yacc". I've done this at every site I
have been sysadmin and never had problems building Amanda (or anything
else) while the vendor-supplied tools would choke on various packages.

	But... from the error I would say that you don't have "lex" in
your path. It normally lives in /usr/ccs/bin on solaris and you will
have no end of problems if that isn't in your path as that is where
many other compiler tools live too. At least until you replace them
with the GNU versions. ;-)

	Marisa