List:       amanda-users
Subject:    What does "[no estimate or historical data]" mean ?
From:       Tobias_Häcker <tobi () swl ! fh-heilbronn ! de>
Date:       1996-08-26 12:05:29

Hey Amanda users,

having set up this wonderful tool in our laboratory (Indys, Sun, LinuX),
I'v experienced the following problem:  The first night, amanda run well
on two clients, but not on the tapehost itself (which IS configured as
clieet, too!).  It gave:
FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
tequila    dsk/dks0d4s7 lev 0 FAILED [no estimate or historical data]
tequila    root lev 0 FAILED [no estimate or historical data]

for all the disks on the tapehost.

The other ones (on the two clients) went well.

What does the Error message mean? I've RTFM, but didn't find anything.
I've issued an "amadmin conf force tequila" - is this the solution?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Tobias Häcker
              Softwarelabor der Fachhochschule Heilbronn
              mail: tobi@swl.fh-heilbronn.de
              phon: +49 (0)7131 504-372..374
              home: http://www.swl.fh-heilbronn.de/~tobi

Die Frauen erinnern sich an den Mann, der sie zum Lachen
gebracht hat.  Die Männer erinnern sich an die Frau, die
sie zum Weinen gebracht hat.            Henri de Regnier