List:       amanda-users
Subject:    RE: WinNT & amanda
From:       morten () rvk ! is
Date:       1996-06-29 2:31:37

Hi Greg, and all the rest,

See comments below.

>----------
>From: greg
>To: amanda-users
>Subject: WinNT & amanda
>Date: 28. June, 1996 20:08
>
>didnt someone have a sol'n for making NT boxes amanda clients?

As gar as I remember, one solution provided was to use SAMBA, which
permits reading Unix-disks/directories from Windows (3.11/NT/95).
Then you can use a disk on a UNIX box to store the userdata that you
need to back up.

Perhaps it it possible for the unix box running SAMBA to read NT disks too ?
>if so, could you fill me in on what is needed?  i sorta blew over
>that stuff in the mail from amanda-users and now i have an NT box
>which id like to incorporate into my amanda backups.
>
>p.s. is someone archiving this mailing list?

There is an ftp-archive at "the home of Amanda"  , but the best archive
is probably in Denmark :

http://www.control.auc.dk/~magnus/Mailboxe/amanda-archive/

(I took the liberty of submitting this URL to  the search engine at
http://www.altavista.digital.com/  , but it seems that only the
referred page ("table of contents" is indexed )

>-greg

Regards
Morten
Comp Dept, Reykjavik Public Works, ICELAND, Europe.

begin 777 WINMAIL.DAT
M>)\^(@```0N``0`P````,3DY-C`V,C@R,#`X+E%!03$R,S,Q*&$I9&5A=&AS
4=&%R+DUE9"Y-:6%M:2Y%1%4`2PTV
`