List:       amanda-users
Subject:    Re: amanda.conf entries for DLT4000
From:       Wade Stebbings <wade () msc ! edu>
Date:       1995-08-29 14:09:40

 |    Based on comments from Quantum and our own tests, we're going to use:
 |
 |    define tapetype DLT-4000 {
 |        comment "Quantum DLT-4000"
 |        length 20000 mbytes
 |        filemark 8 kbytes
 |        speed 1500 kbytes
 |    }
 | 			   -Robert Tarrall.-
 | 			   Unix System/Network Admin
 | 			   Laboratory for Computational Dynamics
 | 			   CU - Boulder
 |

 | I suggest building a list of such definitions as they are of interest
 | for every AMANDA user.
 |
 | --
 |
 |                Regards, johannes.

A good idea!  Speaking of tapetype definitions, does anybody have
one for a D2 tape drive (165GB format tapes)?  I have a friend
who is interested in using Amanda for backing-up a network of 30+
SGI Indy's to a single D2 tape drive.

Thanks,

      /     Wade M. Stebbings    Minnesota Supercomputer Center   /
     /    E-mail wade@msc.edu    1200 Washington Avenue South    /
    /   Phone +1 612 337-3529    Minneapolis, MN 55415  USA     /