List:       amanda-users
Subject:    Implicit vs explicit scheduling question
From:       mike () riskware ! co ! uk
Date:       1995-08-25 10:34:38

I am using amanda to do full level 0 dumps (skip-incr) of all my filesystems,
and everything seems to be working fine on SunOS 4.1.3, HP-UX9.05 and
Solaris 2.4. I am very happy with it.

I have a problem in that I would like to control the order of the dumps, so
that in the event that the tape is out of space, I can get some guarantees that
certain 'important' filesystems take priority over the less important ones.
I have seen a switch in the sources something like use_lffo which could be
set before building amanda and seems to mean that dumps will be performed in
the order they appear in the disk list. Is this correct ? Is there a better way
of doing this ? (preferably without rebuilding amanda).

Another question, I've heard that a browsable file database will be a feature
of later versions of amanda, what are people using at the moment to locate
files ?

Mike

Mike Osborne (mosborne@riskware.co.uk)
Riskware BV