List:       amanda-users
Subject:    Re: Problem in getting Amanda-2.2.6 work...
From:       Khalid Sattar <khalid () harlequin ! co ! uk>
Date:       1995-08-24 18:15:16

    > Hello,
    > I try to use Amanda-2.2.6 on a Sparc SLC running SunOS-4.1.4 and
    > two clients, running Solaris-2.4.

    > When I start 'amcheck', the following way, it reports
    > time out errors on all clients.

    > I checked the /etc/services (and the yp...), the
    > /etc/inetd.conf and so on, but I was not able to
    > find anything I forgot.

    > Here the output of 'amcheck -c jnzeval'

    > Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
    > --------------------------------
    > WARNING: sparctest: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
    > WARNING: ahr: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
    > WARNING: ooder: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
    > Client check: 3 hosts checked in 30.182 seconds, 3 problems found.

    > btw. Amanda was compiled with gcc-2.6.3

I replied a while ago to this question saying I had teh same problems
and having just returned from a 3 week holiday looked into it again.
Here are some reslutions incase you still have a problem

See if /tmp/amandad.debug is being created on your client.  If its
not (which was teh case with me) then check for blank lines in
/etc/inetd.conf on the client and remove.  If teh debug file is
present look into that file for hints also see if you have all teh
libraries eg try ddl on amanda programs.