List:       amanda-users
Subject:    some info for amanda installation..
From:       shai () shekel ! jct ! ac ! il (Shai Fultheim)
Date:       1995-08-18 5:53:42

Hi all,

I'm tring to install amanda 2.2.6 and i have the next que:

1) I have to backup some partition of 3GB. I heared that amanda have
   some problem with that. is it true? is there patches? where?
2) I have 90 meters DAT cassete. can someone send me the tape
   decleration in amanda.conf ??
3) I looked on the source and saw that not all the param in
   amanda.conf described in the man pages. why??
   can someone send me full explanation of these params (like timeout
   and so on). what is the difference between maxcycle and all the
   other params declaring the dump cycle??
4) i want amanda do inc backup everyday, full in the end of the week,
   save cassetes for a month. ( after month I'll rewrite these
   cassetes. ) how should i configure amanda ??

thanks in ad.
--
Shai Fultheim    				E-mail: shai@shekel.jct.ac.il
Revava, Zip code: 44839				Tel:          (972)-3-9368873