List:       amanda-users
Subject:    Installing amanda on an HP-UX
From:       neal () ctd ! comsat ! com (Neal Becker)
Date:       1994-01-25 9:03:00

    Darrell> Hi

    Darrell> I'm trying to install amanda on a HP-UX 735 using the the
    Darrell> config file "hp-ux" but it is not compiling
    Darrell> properly. Here's the error that I'm getting:

    Darrell> Making slave in src ../tools/munge Makefile.in
    Darrell> Makefile.out cc -g -I. -I../config -I../lib -c sendsize.c
    Darrell> cc: warning 422: Unknown option "g" ignored.  cc -o
    Darrell> sendsize sendsize.o ../lib/libamanda.a -lndbm -lregex
    Darrell> -lalloca /bin/ld: Can't find library for -lregex ***
    Darrell> Error code 1

-lregex and -lalloca are my invention.  I installed gnu regex as
/usr/local/lib/libregex.a.  Alternatively you can choose regex
supplied with amanda.  I haven't tried this.

alloca is in /lib/libPW.a.  Since libPW.a also has some symbols that
conflict with libc, it's better to extract alloca.o from libPW and
make /usr/local/lib/liballoca.a.  You could also try -lPW or you can
use alloca.c that comes with gnu emacs.