List:       amanda-users
Subject:    two things
From:       Mathias Koerber <mathias () solomon ! technet ! sg>
Date:       1994-01-17 10:07:53

I have just found two things in amanda-2.1.1. Maybe someone can give me
some help with them:

a) It seems that my ICL DRS6000 acting as master, needs to fast forward
to the next file even after the previous file has been fully extracted.
Otherwise I keep read(2)ing 0 length buffers, and amrestore gets very confused.

changing read_file_header to return int and returning -1 when 0 bytes
were read, and catching that in the loop helps.

b) It seems that the first file to be written to tape never makes it
onto the tape. the amdump output indicates it has been written to tape ok,
amadmin <cfg> find <host> shows it as file 1, but amrestore doesn't see it.

I also truss'd amrestore, and after the label immediately the second file
is found. Wierd. Haven't found that problem yet.

Background: My DRS6000 is running DRS/NX V5 (SVR4). I had to make a few changes
here and there (I posted some before). I also hacked the current copy of
amanda to handle multiple simultaneous dumpers per host, since I only have
 3 slaves.

Anyone have seen similar behaviour?

Thx in advance
Mathias