List:       amanda-users
Subject:    Help with setting up Master Host
From:       dgw () asteroid ! sys ! acc ! com (Debby Shaffer)
Date:       1994-01-14 18:55:18

I am planning to run a SPARCstation IPC as the master host.   Due to the
constant use of 90% of my partitions, I do a full level 0 dump everyday.
I am using a SONY 4mm DAT drive capable of backing up 8GB of data.  Currently
I use a blocking factor of 126, 216000 density and tape length of 6000.

I have copied, updated, and double checked the *.h.  I have done the
initial make and make install.  My questions start with the amanda.conf file.

So, my first question is what do the bumpsize, bumpdays, and bumpmult do?
And how do I set them up to do full dumps everyday?  The second question is
how do I define the DAT drive to amanda to allow the 8GB?

Thanks in advace for you help,

Debby Shaffer
ACC SYSTEMS, Inc.
Columbia, Maryland 21044