List:       amanda-users
Subject:    How to restore a root partition?
From:       neal () ctd ! comsat ! com (Neal Becker)
Date:       1992-12-03 8:25:00

I now have my first opportunity to try out restore.  I have an
hp9000/710 with a (single) blown disk, with a single partition.  Can
restore be used on the root partition?  I assume this wouldn't work in
multiuser mode, but can it work at all?

Any suggestions welcomed!

I do have a political agenda.  It's to have as few regulations as
 possible.
                -- Vice President Dan Quayle.