List:       amanda-users
Subject:    RE: Quantum superloader 3 and HPE StoreEver MSL3040 experiences
From:       David Simpson <SimpsonD4 () cardiff ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2020-12-21 10:47:16

Thanks for the info.

I think we have a Dell PowerEdge R730xd ear-marked for this, it has a reasonable spec \
and will get repurposed to do the job, but we'll need to buy a SAS card to connect it \
up.

The Overland T24 seems to be quite good on paper at least also (though not many \
stockists here). This looks to be a bit of a halfway between the Superloader 3 and \
the aforementioned HPE library. It appears that on the Overland T24 the drive can be \
upgraded later on to a newer LTO generation drive. Not sure that's possible on the \
Superloader 3 - I think those are bought as they are and aren't upgradable in future \
(with new LOT tech drives when those are available).

The MTX compatibility list (below) appears to be long gone, is there any other source \
of such information? Or are things generally assumed to just work (TM) these days?

http://mtx.opensource-sw.net/compatibility.php

thanks
David

-------------
David Simpson - Senior Systems Engineer
ARCCA, Redwood Building,
King Edward VII Avenue,
Cardiff, CF10 3NB                                                                     \

David Simpson - peiriannydd uwch systemau
ARCCA, Adeilad Redwood,
King Edward VII Avenue,
Caerdydd, CF10 3NB

simpsond4@cardiff.ac.uk
+44 29208 74657

COVID-19 Cardiff University is currently under remote work restrictions. Our staff \
are continuing normal work schedules, but responses may be slower than usual.  We \
appreciate your patience during this unprecedented time
COVID-19 Ar hyn o bryd mae Prifysgol Caerdydd o dan gyfyngiadau gweithio o bell.  Mae \
ein staff yn parhau ag amserlenni gwaith arferol, ond gall ymatebion fod yn arafach \
na'r arfer. Rydym yn gwerthfawrogi eich amynedd yn ystod yr amser digynsail hwn.