List:       amanda-users
Subject:    Re: holding disk too small? -- holding disk RAID configuration
From:       Gene Heskett <gheskett () shentel ! net>
Date:       2019-12-26 1:16:36

On Wednesday 25 December 2019 19:33:04 Jon LaBadie wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 11:51:11PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> > Sounds good, so I'll try it.
>
> If the sda DLE(s) are small enough to go direct to "tape",
> define all holdings, but run sda DLEs with "holdingdisk no".

Some are rather gargantuan with multiple iso's etc. , so moving the
holding disk to an otherwise unused spindle makes the best situation by
my reasoning.  And backup times the last 2 nights have been cut
drastically. The question then is will it work that well for 2 weeks. Or
a month?

> > Merry Christamas everybody.
>
> mega-dittos!

Same here as I'm celebrating yet another instance of makeing the guy with
the scythe blink. Twice now. But my non-oem parts list is beginning to
read like the 6 million dollar man. But in the middle of all that work
in the cath-lab at Ruby in Morgantown, my drivers license expired so I
need to go get that fixed tomorrow. A week past a new Aortic valve in my
ticker, I feel like I ought to be good for another decade.  Great IOW.

Copyright 2019 by Maurice E. Heskett
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis