List:       amanda-users
Subject:    Re: amcheck does not recognize lablestr
From:       Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau () zmanda ! com>
Date:       2013-01-07 18:01:45

On 01/07/2013 09:06 AM, Dennis Benndorf wrote:
> Hello Jean-Louis,
>
> it seems to be my fault. We moved tapes from one roboter to the other,
> not ivoking "amtape daily inventory", so
> /usr/local/var/amanda/chg-robot-dev-CHANGER had wrong tape
> information. I thought "the tapechanger" would ivoke mtx status to
> poll information about tape status, but it does only change this file
> if a tape is read or if "amtape daily inventory" is ivoked. It think
> this also affects my other email.

amanda update its state file every time the changer is used.
With barcode, amanda know exactly which tape is loaded.
Without barcode, amanda can't know if you changed the tape of some slot,
so it keep the old information in its state file, you must:
    amtape daily update 20-25     #amanda will read the tape in slot 20
to 25 and update its state file.
    amtape daily update 20-25=  #amanda mark them as unknown, it will
read them if it can't find other tape to write to.
    amtape daily update 20=D01234  #The tape with label D01234 is load
in slot 20.

Jean-Louis