List:       amanda-users
Subject:    Re: How To Tell Amanda a Tape is Missing?
From:       Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk () bio ! umass ! edu>
Date:       2011-07-15 20:02:19

On 7/15/11 10:40 AM, Steven Backus wrote:
> I accidentally removed a tape while it was writing and now amanda
> doesn't recognize the label.  Is there a way I can tell amanda next
> time this tape comes up it has to re-write the label, and that the
> data from this tape is missing?

Check `man amrmtape`.

Then `man amlabel`.

Basically, you'll use the first command to remove references to the tape from Amanda's records. Then
you'll use the second command to label the tape again. You may have to use mt to erase it first.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
    O__  ---- Systems Administrator
   c/ /'_ --- Biology&  Geology Departments
  (*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center

<hoogendyk@bio.umass.edu>